Reclosure – convenient while reducing product waste
Smart reclose features of a packaging solution allows the consumer or user to reseal or reclose the packaging and have the content safely stored in-between uses. Often, packaging needs to be resealed in order to maintain product freshness or prevent spillage. Reclosable packaging also enables multiple uses which can help reduce waste.
Convenience is more or less taken for granted when developing new packaging alternatives to make sure they attract consumers to purchase that specific brand again and again. The end-user looks for easy to use solutions and the easy-opening and reclosability functions should ideally be intuitive.
- Consumer convenience
- Prolonged shelf life which reduces food waste
- Saving resources when no consumer repacking into another container is needed
- Hygienic storage of filled product
- Flexible use across different pack types and materials
Examples of different reclosure options are:
- Pressure-sensitive seals
- Mechanical system of formed rigid tray and lid
- Variety of hinge-lid boxes opened from above presenting the product attractively
- Integrated pour sprout with tuck-in reclosure
- Tailored material with laser scored easy opening ready to integrate a zippers
- Flip top folding cartons with a range of possible embellishments