Our board trays is a series of press formed paperboard trays mainly for frozen- and foodservice food applications. Round, square, deep or shallow - we adapt the trays to the product and market needs. The trays are mainly made of renewable material that is handled well in most recycling systems in Europe.
Board trays allow cooking in conventional- and microwave oven and can be printed externally. Many of the larger retailers welcomes the reduction in weight of packages and recyclability. Sealing a board lid on the printed board tray is a good example of weight reduction and just changing from other material to board makes the packaging more renewable and better handled in most recycling systems.
For snacks and fast food packaging can be designed in user friendly forms.
Our technology allows us to use special colored laminates and printed films. We also handle susceptor and aluminium patterned laminate which enables crisping of the product and even heating.
Our paperboard trays are increasingly replacing plastic packaging. They bring not only recyclability but also improves logistics and printability of the packaging.
- 90% of the material comes from renewable resources
- High strength
- Printable, allows for the removal of the outer carton and reduces packaging overall
- Suitable from freezer to table via the oven
- Will cope with large temperature differences (from the freezer to the grill)
- Can be coloured
- Low weight / high stability
- Good gas tightness, suitable for MAP (Modified Atmosphere Packaging)
- Ideal for recovery
- Traditional oven / Microwave